Thursday, June 23, 2011

The time travelers wife.


"Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?"

"I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me."

"It's hard being left behind. (...) It's hard to be the one who stays."

"I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks, I work until I'm tired. I watch the wind play with the trash that's been under the snow all winter. Everything seems simple until you think about it. Why is love intensified by absence? "

"Think for a minute, darling: in fairy tales it's always the children who have the fine adventures. The mothers have to stay at home and wait for the children to fly in the window."

"When you live with a woman you learn something every day. So far I have learned that long hair will clog up the shower drain before you can say "Liquid-Plumr"; that it is not advisable to clip something out of the newspaper before your wife has read it, even if the newspaper in question is a week old; that I am the only person in our two-person household who can eat the same thing for dinner three nights in a row without pouting; and that headphones were invented to preserve spouses from each others musical excesses."

"Listen, sometimes when you finally find out, you realize that you were much better off not knowing."

from my all time favorite book and movie!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment