Sunday, July 8, 2012

White flag.

I came across a quote by Roland Barthes the other day that said, "To whom could I put this question (with any hope of an answer)? Does being able to live without someone you loved mean you loved her less than you thought?"

I always wondered. If you can live without someone, and by that I mean, you were either pushed apart as a simple result of fate or choice. Does the fact that you were able to live without them mean you loved them less than you thought? Maybe not. I don't think it has anything to do with loving them less. I think it's a part of letting it go. Moving on. A natural part of self preservation and self-protection. When things end, (what you need to realize is that sometimes some things are worth fighting for more than others), but when they do regardless of the fact that you fought enough to keep them alive or not, you have every right to move on. Move forward. You may not realize that at the beginning. Because the beginning of the end is that phase where you are caught up, stuck, choked up on what it used to be and how much you want it back. Things change. I wouldn't say people leave. But people move on. And sometime beautiful connections are forced to end. They just have to.

We all have that two entirely different person inside of us. The too strong and too weak. You may not want to admit one or the other's existence. They exist, and they battle against each other. You see, this is a part of me comforting the other part of me. Talking the weak person inside me out of war. Raising the white flag, making peace.

A.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you express your thoughts about letting go and moving on here. Moving on doesn't mean you love less, you are just making a huge favor to yourself - that is to avoid from the pains.

    ReplyDelete