Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vulnerable and proud.

Bored out of my skull, I was exploring the many iTunes store apps, searching for interesting apps that'll entertain me in the process of waiting for Mr. Sleep, I came across the TED app. I only recently became TED talks obsessed and that is ever since I took the public speaking course. So that night, I stayed up even later than the usual watching a talk after another until I came across Brene Brown. Brene is a researcher and author that shares what she's learned from a decade of research on the power authenticity, empathy and shame, courage and vulnerability, belonging and the need for connection and the affect these powerful emotions have on the way we live, love, parent, work and build relationships.

I, and I'm sure most of you, thought that vulnerability is a negative emotion. Unwanted and despised, because in our opinion it makes it weak. It kills strength and will-power. What I want to share with you is the story of how I was proven otherwise, of how I came to realize that there is no reason to be ashamed or afraid of being vulnerable.


"Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change."









Vulnerability does not = weakness.


A.

No comments:

Post a Comment